Like we told you about each and every yoga asana in all our previous blogs, what it is, how it should be done, and what are its benefits. Similarly, today we will learn about the new yogasana Adho Mukha Svanasana, what it is, and how it is done.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana-:
Adho Mukha Svanasana is a Sanskrit word in which “Adho means from below, Mukha means face, and Svana means dog”. When we do this asana, this asana is like a dog that raises its head and front legs downwards and its back legs and hips upwards and spreads them. Performing this pose strengthens the upper part of your body. If your bones are broken by coughing or falling, it means that you have a disease called osteoporosis in which there is a fear of breaking bones due to falling or doing some work. If you want to avoid this disease then you should practice this mudra continuously because this mudra helps in preventing osteoporosis.
This asana is also known as Downward Dog Pose or Downward-Facing Dog Pose. While performing this asana, the head is lowered and the weight of the body is on both the palms and feet, touching the floor.
This pose stretches the hamstrings and muscles in the back of the leg and builds strength and core in the shoulders but you should do this asana only under the supervision of a good yoga instructor or doctor.
- Let us know “how to do Adho Mukha Svanasana”-:
- Take the stomach on the floor along with the full length, then turn your face down and start this asana in the position of the four.
- Now bring your hands and knees down and lift your hips up. Now keep both your hands in front of your shoulders.
- While straightening your fingers, spread them completely and keep them in the direction of the head.
- Now while exhaling slowly, lift your knees and torso above the floor and lift your hips upwards. For some time, you have to keep your knees bent so that your heels rise above the floor.
- Now straighten your arms and move your head towards the inside of your feet, now keeping your head on the floor, keep your elbows straight and stretch the back.
- Now keep your feet firmly on the floor and do not bend the knees, but press the ankles down and the heels should be completely on the floor.
- Without any pressure on your neck, keep your head between your upper arms.
- Now taking deep breaths stay in this posture for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Now while exhaling slowly, raise your head above the floor and strain the torso forward and bring the body down on the ground and then relax your body.
- Benefits of Adho Mukha Svanasana-:
- It stretches your body from head to toe.
- It stretches the shoulder, arms, wrist, calf, and hand.
- Elongate the spine.
- It improves blood circulation in the whole body.
- Increases help blood flow to your head which supplies the nutrients to your hair.
- This asana leads to curing back pain and pain of fatigue, headache, and insomnia disease.
- Regular practices of this asana can reduce anxiety and keeps the mind quiet.
- This asana is helpful for high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
- Precautions of Adho Mukha Svanasana-:
- Whenever we practice this asana, we should always warm up before that so that our muscles can open and we do not get tired quickly and feel energetic.
- If you have ever got hurt in the wrist, ankles, or leg, then you should not practice this asana because it can increase that pain more or there can be an injury.
- This asana should not be performed even if you have any stomach problems or cardiac issues.
- Pregnant women should not practice this asana.
Note-: If you liked this blog of ours, then do not forget to share and like it with your friends and family relatives, and do not forget to subscribe to all our channels.
You can visit our website to get more information related to yoga and if you want to do yoga classes online, then you can take the facility of classes by booking on our website.
If you have any doubts, you can clear your doubts by calling and messaging us.
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow our channel by clicking on the link given below.