As we told you some asanas in our first blog can be beneficial for you if you practice them daily, similarly, there is another asana that we call Bhujangasana. Let us know what is Bhujangasana, how it is done, and what are the benefits of doing it.
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose-:
Bhujangasana the name is derived from the Sanskrit word “Bhujanga which means snake or serpent” and “asana meaning posture”. In this pose, lie flat on the floor, face downwards, lift the body up from the trunk and throw the head back like a serpent about to strike. This pose includes Surya Namaskar as well as Padma Sadhana. Bhujangasana is such an asana that helps all the systems of the body from the point of view of health, therefore Bhujangasana has always been especially important in the hatha yoga stream. Bhujangasana helps to flatten the stomach and strengthen the spine and improves blood circulation in our body. By doing this asana, our stomach becomes toned and also improves digestion. Bhujangasana is a complete asana that strengthens both spiritual and physical health. Bhujangasana is best for its ability to increase the flexibility of the spine. This asana can tone your body and the spinal nerves. Nowadays, people of all age groups can be affected by arthritis which includes pain, stiffness, and swelling in joints.
- Let us learn how to do the Bhujangasana steps-:
- Lie down on the floor with your face facing down and spread your legs together. Keep the knee tight and the toes pointing.
- place the palms next to the pelvic area
- Now breathe slowly and keep both your palms firmly on the ground and stretch the torso. And breathe slowly 2 times.
- Now inhaling again, raise the body from the torso till the pubis comes in contact with the floor, and now stay in this position with the weight of your feet and palms.
- Contract the anus and the buttocks, and tighten the thighs.
- Now keep this pose for about 20-30 seconds and maintain even breathing.
- Now while exhaling, bend the elbows and rest the torso on the floor. And then repeat this pose 2-5 times and then relax. The period depends on how long you can hold the pose.
- Benefits of Bhujangasana -:
- Did you know? The cobra pose is beneficial for hips because this pose is great for stretching your hips flexors and chest muscles as well as increasing your spine.
- It strengthens the spine.
- It tones the buttocks and stretches the chest and opens up the heart chakra while strengthening the spine and shoulders.
- It helps to relieve stress and fatigue.
- It helps to balance the menstrual cycle problems.
- This asana is a therapy for those people who has an asthma problem.
- It purifies the blood and improves blood circulation in the body.
- Bhujangasana improves your digestive system, liver, and kidney functions as well.
- It helps to enhance flexibility in the body.
- Contraindications & Precautions of Bhujangasana -:
- If you have a headache problem then you should avoid this asana.
- If you are suffering from any back injury at that time also avoid this asana.
- Also avoid this asana, if you recently had abdominal surgery.
- If a woman is pregnant and facing any pregnancy issues, they have to avoid this asana.
- If you have carpal tunnel syndrome disease, you must avoid this asana.
- If you’re suffering from a hernia, peptic ulcer, or thyroid problem, then you should consult with our yoga teacher.
Note-: If you liked this blog of ours, then do not forget to share and like it with your friends and family relatives, and do not forget to subscribe to all our channels.
You can visit our website to get more information related to yoga and if you want to do yoga classes online, then you can take the facility of classes by booking on our website.
If you have any doubts, you can clear your doubts by calling and messaging us.
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow our channel by clicking on the link given below.