- Ustrasana “Camel Pose”-:
The name Ustrasana is derived from the Sanskrit word “Ustra meaning Camel, and Asana meaning posture.” Ustrasana is also called the back bending pose. By doing this asana, there is relief in back pain and it also stretches the muscles of the body and maintains flexibility in the shoulders. This asana helps to calm our mind and maintain balance on a spiritual level and it is an effective way to achieve this asana, by which we can maintain balance in our body and mind. It opens and activates the heart chakra because when we do this asana, our chest expands and our heart also moves outwards. This asana instills a deep sense of trust in our mind and body as well as our feelings of inner strength and fortitude.
When any instructor does this asana, he bends backward without looking, then he does not see where he is going, he just gets engrossed in his posture and concentrates his mind on his posture.
When we practice this asana, we should do it slowly and carefully so that we can better understand the limits of our body and we should not over-stretch ourselves, but avoid it. Whenever we will do this asana for the first time then we will feel uncomfortable but this is the best source to overcome our fear and trust our body, then we will be able to do our posture by taking deep breaths. It happens because then our fear gets reduced due to which we can do this mudra. People who have limited flexibility in their bodies can do this pose by tucking their toes to raise their heels.
People who have slouched shoulders and backs will get benefited from doing this asana. Elderly people can do this asana comfortably and those who have gotten hurt at any place in the bone, those people can also do this asana comfortably.
- Let us know how to do Ustra asana or Camel Pose-:
- First of all, we have to sit on the floor on our knees and keep our thighs and feet together and point our toes towards the back.
- Now place both your palms on your hips. Stretching your thighs, bend your body and spine backward, and spread your ribs.
- Exhaling slowly, place your right palm on the heel or sole of the right foot and place the left palm on the heel or sole of the left foot.
- Now press your feet with the palms and tilt your head backward and push the spine towards the thighs, which should be kept perpendicular to the floor.
- Squeeze the buttocks and draw the spine and your tailbone forward, keeping the neck back.
- Stay in this posture for at least 1 minute.
- Now while exhaling slowly, keep both your hands on the hips. And sit comfortably on the floor or mat and relax.
- Benefits of Camel Pose-:
- Performing this asana increases the flow of blood to our brain so that we do not think negative things.
- When we practice this asana daily, by removing the tension of the muscles of our body, it removes anxiety and fatigue, due to which our body gets rest.
- This asana helps in opening the Anahata located behind the heart chakra.
- This asana increases our inner energy which helps us to work thoughtfully.
- This asana is beneficial in decreasing anxiety, and stress, and it improves digestive functions.
- Ustrasana is beneficial for relieving hernia which indicates weak muscles, stress, weight gain, and muscle strain issue.
- Performing this asana increases the flow of oxygen and opens the chest and abdomen.
- Precautions & Tips for beginners-:
- Those people who have migraine, insomnia, and high blood pressure problem should avoid this asana.
- While practicing this asana, we should breathe normally, and avoid taking long and deep breaths because our chest is expanded due to which we may have difficulty in breathing.
- Those who do this asana for the first time may feel a little dizzy but it is a very rare chance that the person feels dizzy.
Note-: If you liked this blog of ours, then do not forget to share and like it with your friends and family relatives, and do not forget to subscribe to all our channels.
You can visit our website to get more information related to yoga and if you want to do yoga classes online, then you can take the facility of classes by booking on our website.
If you have any doubts, you can clear your doubts by calling and messaging us.
Don’t forget to subscribe and follow our channel by clicking on the link given below.